The Museum of Eastern Bohemia in Hradec Králové
The origins of the museum in Hradec Králové date back to 1880, when the town museum was founded. The collections were opened to the public for the first time on 1 February 1885 in the Chapel of St. Wenceslas in house No. 33 in Žižka Square.
Today, the Museum of Eastern Bohemia in Hradec Králové is the largest museum in the Hradec Králové Region with a regional scope. Since 2001 it has been a contributory organisation established by the Hradec Králové Region. It performs the function of a museum within the meaning of the relevant provisions of Act No. 122/2000 Coll., on the protection of collections of a museum nature and on the amendment of certain other acts, and is established for the purpose of acquiring, collecting, permanently storing, registering, professionally processing and making available to the public collections of a museum nature. Currently, the museum has approximately 3,000,000 collection items in its archaeological, natural history and historical collections, including items included in the accompanying documentation.